For years, pilots of certified aircraft have been forced to choose between maintaining their dated, legacy instrumentation or upgrading their panel with expensive, piecemeal avionics upgrades.
That changes now
Introducing Dynon Certified - Affordable Avionics Systems for Certified Aircraft.
The design and installation approval for the installation of Dynon Certified products are performed under AML-STC.
The certified versions of Dynon products are produced under PMA.
SkyView HDX Features
Dynon Certified panels feature SkyView HDX, Dynon’s flagship integrated avionics platform that replaces your legacy equipment with a modern, affordable system.
SkyView HDX can do it all:
- Clear, Vibrant Displays: SkyView HDX features bright, high-resolution HD displays with wide viewing angles for the sharpest picture ever from Dynon.
- Beautiful Design: SkyView HDX’s modern, elegant design features robust metal and glass construction that is worthy of your aircraft.
- Unrivaled Control Ergonomics: SkyView HDX combines full physical controls with a touchscreen, allowing unrivaled control and performance in all flight conditions - especially turbulence.
- Touch Interface: SkyView HDX features icon-driven touch controls and simplified screen navigation for reduced workload. An expansive glass display features edge-to-edge touchability with no bezel in the way.
- Capable and Compatible: SkyView HDX uses Dynon’s remote SkyView Network modules and components to allow clean, elegant panel layouts. SkyView HDX features seamless compatibility with today’s best IFR navigators like the Avidyne IFD series.
SkyView HDX’s superb touch screen works with ergonomic knobs and buttons to offer positive, intuitive controls in all flight conditions.
Primary Flight Display
All of your flight instruments - fully capable of IFR - plus angle of attack, synthetic vision, and much more.
Whether you’re a “rich of peak” or “lean of peak” fan, you’ll have all the tools you need - including % power - to effectively manage your powerplant. Other advanced features include fuel computer and all EGT/CHTs.
Traffic and Weather
Gain superior situational awareness with full ADS-B In Traffic and Weather.
Full-featured autopilot with advanced features like Flight Director, VNAV, altitude pre-select, and coupled approaches (when connected to an IFR navigator).
Mode S Transponder with 2020-compliant ADS-B Out
No need to install a separate 2020-compliant ADS-B Out solution - SkyView HDX has you covered.
Flight Planning & Mapping
Full-featured and intuitive flight planning and mapping, including optional charts, airport diagrams, and procedures.
Not Just for VFR
Installing SkyView HDX does not change aircraft certification basis or operating limitations. All primary flight instruments, including attitude, are fully IFR capable, with backup provided by an independent second EFIS. SkyView HDX is additionally compatible with popular IFR navigators like the Avidyne IFD series and the GTN/GNS series.
Dynon Certified Availability and Pricing
The full suite of Dynon Certified avionics products is now approved in nearly 600 single-engine type certificated airplane models. Autopilot approvals are currently available for Cessna 172 F-S models and the Beechcraft Bonanza P35, S35, V35, V35A, and V35B.
Dynon is obtaining additional approvals for more autopilot installations continuously, with approvals for multiple aircraft currently in progress. Dynon publishes a schedule of upcoming approvals that it expects to obtain in the coming months.
Pricing for the certified/PMA versions of approved Dynon products is the same as existing experimental/light sport customers. The STC for all approved aircraft is priced at $2,000. See the worksheets below for full pricing information.
Nearly 600 Aircraft Now Approved: AML++
AML++ is Dynon’s program that brings the Dynon Certified suite to nearly 600 aircraft, allowing more pilots than ever to benefit from Dynon’s affordable avionics solutions. In order to speed development and certification, these approvals will not initially include autopilot, which requires more extensive per-aircraft R&D. Select aircraft from the AML++ expansion project will have autopilot functionality added in follow-on programs.
Dynon Certified Pricing With Autopilot
With roots in light sport and experimental aircraft, Dynon products have already been installed in over 20,000 aircraft in hundreds of types, usually by amateur-builders. Dynon products are designed to install quickly and efficiently, minimizing the cost of modernizing aircraft panels.REQUEST UPDATES